Thursday, July 19, 2012

July's FMQ Challenge with Angela Walters


These are my samples for Angela Walters' Challenge for July 2012 FMQ Challenge at Insights from SewCalGal.


Tiles - front

For this sample. I used YLI Variations 2-ply Trilobal thread on top and in the bobbin and wool batting.
The quilting design is Leah Day's H2O.

Tiles - back

I want to quilt this design on one of my UFO which is all strips sewed in straight line and think that the irregular and Jagged variation would be a better option, so I made another sample.

Irregular and Jagged variation - front

For this one I used a heavy 12 wt Egyptian Cotton thread, Wonderfil Fruitti. I left the Trilobal used in previous sample in the bobbin. I really like the looks of this thread but found it a little heavy when travelling back over the lines.

The quilting design is from Ann Fahl's tutorial “Loop and Twist”. I used cotton batting since that will be what I will be using in my quilt.
Irregular and Jagged variation - back

 Not sure if I will use this thread but I love the look of the jagged tiles better than my wonky tiles in my first sample.

Great tutorial, thanks Angela!

2 comments:

Angela Walters said...

It looks great! I love the different types of designs that you used! So fun!!!

Tammy said...

I love your fmq Terry, it is just gorgeous! Bravo.. very well done.