Thursday, May 9, 2013

Take a Stitch Tuesday


Stitches 5 to 8

Stitches 4 to 8

I've managed to do four more samples for my second week of TAST with Sharon b. http://pintangle.com/tast-faq/

Stitch 5 – Herringbone Stitch

This stitch gave me a hard time right from the beginning. For some reason I couldn't get the spacing right and it just didn't flow.

Other stitch: Fly stitch on starfish.

Herringbone Stitch

And this is what happens when you try to iron an upholstery swatch with a too hot iron (even using a parchment paper). At least it was my least favourite sample.
I should give this stitch another try.........maybe.

Yikes!

Stitch 6 – Chevron Stitch

Other stitch: French knot

Chevron Stitch

Stitch 7 – Detached Chain Stitch - This was my favourite this week.

Other stitch: French knot

Detached Chain Stitch

Stitch 8 – Chain Stitch - My circle looks like a odd-shaped egg!

Other stitch: French knot

Chain Stitch
I will link up to TAST at Pin Tangle.

Check out all the beautiful work going on there.

Also check The Needle and Thread Network WIP Wednesday to see what Canadian fibre artists are up to.

Happy Stitching,

Terry






2 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

Four wonderful examples of TAST stitches. Take care with the iron setting in future; it is such a pity to get a wonky embroidery when one hasn't planned it!

Annet said...

Your detached chain stitch sampler is my favourite too! I never iron my embroidery, but damp stretch it. There's a tutorial for that on Karen Ruane's blog.