Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Take a Stitch Tuesday


Stitches 17 to 20

Four more samples this week for TAST with Sharon b. at Pin Tangle

TAST Stitches 17 to 20

Stitch 17 – Crossed Buttonhole

I found this stitch fairly easy and didn't need to concentrate so hard when making the arms uneven.

Crossed Buttonhole


Stitch 18 – Half Chevron

I had fun with this one. I'm thinking little aliens and their flying saucers.

Half Chevron

Stitch 19 – Bullion Knot

The inspiration for this flower came from Debbie at Jerusalem Notes: Fiberworks by Debbie although it looks quite different from hers.

Last week I copied some fish and Liz Eph from Thread Bear said she was really “chuffed” to see the fish as it was her idea. This French Canadian girl had never heard that expression, so had to look it up. I was chuffed to see it meant very pleased.

Bullion Knot

Stitch 20 – Butterfly Chain

I really like the border I made with snow dyed crochet cotton however no so sure if a spiral was a good design choice.

Butterfly Chain
I will link up to TAST at Pin Tangle

Check out the comments to see all the beautiful work going on there.

Happy Stitching,

Terry



2 comments:

sharonb said...

Great samples with a nice contemporary feel to them

Liz Eph said...

haha ! sorry about that, forgot it's colloquial english :-) you're working really hard at getting these stitches mastered. i like your colours - esp the white on the blue for the half chevron.