Saturday, September 7, 2013

Spring Time


Quilt Documentation # 147

This is not an original design. I made this quilt last year, after seeing a photo online and thinking what a great idea for using a panel or a piece of fabric that would show off better as a whole rather than cut up.

Regrettably I can't give credit to the designer as I can't find the blog again.
If anyone happens to know whose design it is, I would be happy if you would let me know.

Spring Time

My feature fabric was cut into four sections on slight diagonals.

close-up

I picked colours from the feature fabric for the strips and accent colours.

Striped panel
I used a light cotton batting for a nice light summer quilt.

simple grid quilting


Label 

label, back, binding

Linking up to The Needle and Thread Network, featuring all Canadian bloggers and Nina Marie's Off the Wall Friday  where there's a lot of eye candy.

Happy Quilting,

Terry

DOCUMENTATION:
Quilt Name: Spring Time
Description: panel and striped sections
Pattern:
Size: 51" x 78"
Fabrics: 100% cotton
Predominant colours: blue, green, white, pink
Construction Techniques: Strip-piecing
Back: 100% cotton
Batting: light cotton
Edge finish: Double fold french binding
Quilting: Free motion quilted on Domestic Machine
Quilted by: Terry Whyte
Sleeve:yes
Label: yes
Date completed:2012
Inspiration:
Quilt History: Display at the Kirkland Lake Mile of Gold Quilters' Guild 2012 Show, at Museum of Northern History
Maker: Terry Whyte

3 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

I love this quilt...beautiful:)

Margaret said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! And in my favourite colours, too! ;-)

Regina said...

What a great quilt! You used wonderful fabrics, and used it creatively. I will definitely pin this.