Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Stitches 71 to 74


Take a Stitch Tuesday

Four samples for TAST this week with Sharon b. at Pin Tangle
Sharon presents a new stitch challenge every week.  Hoping to catch up some day.

TAST Stitches 71 to 74


I especially liked all of these four stitches, although some were a little more time consuming than others.


Stitch 71 – Bullion Buttonhole Stitch

This one takes a little extra time but easy combination of the buttonhole and bullion stitches.

Bullion Buttonhole Stitch

Stitch 72 – Wrapped Coral Stitch

I found this easy to do and I like the looks of it too.

Wrapped Coral Stitch

Stitch 73 – Portuguese Stem Stitch

This one I like a lot even though I did not do the second wrap when I stitched my 4” frame.
It was a few days before I got back to it and decided to reread the instructions before doing the centre swirl, and that is when I noticed my boo-boo. Much nicer with 2 wraps.

Portuguese Stem Stitch

Stitch 74 – Zig Zag Chain Stitch

This one is OK but I found it a little harder to keep it neat looking. I like how it looks with 2 or 3 rows close together.


Zig zag Chain Stitch

I will link up to TAST at Pin Tangle

Check out this site as well as the comments to see all the beautiful work going on there.

Happy Stitching,

Terry


No comments: