Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Poinsettia Post Cards


ART PROMPT - #14 – Use markers.

Poinsettia Post Cards

I tried playing with markers and alcohol on cotton but didn't care for what I was getting.

Then I thought maybe silk would be the way to go.

I drew a poinsettia on the silk and liked just the way it was without adding the alcohol. The ink spread just a little adding some interest.

I embossed the Christmas wishes,  embroidered french knots in the centres and did a little straight line quilting.

detail
Since I needed more post cards for a coming sale, I now have five more.

backs
Size 4” x 6”



See you next time,

Terry


NEXT ART PROMPT - #15 – Use Lutradur


HERE'S MY “ART PROMPT” PLAN

One prompt, one project (taking as long as required to finish the project)

It's OK to finish or use a previously started project (UFO) as a starting point.

Make something creative.

Use any Media.

Blog about the project.

Pick another prompt once the project is done.




4 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

ohhhhhh these are so quaint and pretty

Anonymous said...

So neat Terry. I am giving a mini workshop on postcards for our guild's christmas workshops. Can I try this and then show it to my guild? Did you take a piece of 4 X 6 silk and draw your poinsetta? I love postcards! I'm not good with drawing by I can always stamp!

What Comes Next? said...

those are really pretty! I like your prompt project

Terry Whyte said...

I have no problem with that. And yes I drew the poinsettia on a piece of silk and then trimmed it to size. I like making postcards too, it's fast and a lot of fun. Enjoy your workshop.