Sunday, November 23, 2014

Working in a Series - Birds

Quilt Documentation 166 - 167 - 168


After a week of sun and fun in Punta Cana to celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary and a few days in Toronto (rain and snow – not so fun), I'm ready to get back in my sewing room and sew, sew, sew!

I'm working on Part 2 of my Art Prompt #16 project “Covering up Something” and liking what is happening so far.

In the meantime, I'll post my “Bird Series” from 2008 and 2009 .

I purchased Art Quilt Workbook by Jane Davila & Elin Waterston back in 2008 and worked through the book – first doing several exercises on paper and then making three practice quilts before starting work on the Bird Series.


My chosen theme was “Birds”.

All quilts are 9” x 12”.


It is suggested to use a Controlled Palette throughout the series, using these fabrics and fabrics that go with these, plus an occasional deviant colour. The quilts in the series will play well together and the series will be more cohesive.

This is my Controlled Palette:

Controlled Palette

And these are the three exercises from the book.

Quilt Documentation 166

Working from a Pattern – Pear Quilt - front and back

Pear Quilt - front 


Pear Quilt - back

Quilt Documentation 167

Working from an Original Drawing of a photo – Sammy - front and back

Sammy - front 
Sammy -  back
Quilt Documentation  168

Colour Collage – Three Organic Shapes (not too representational) arranged on a Background - front and back

Colour Collage – front
Colour Collage – back


See you tomorrow with a Bird Quilt.

Link to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday.

Happy Quilting,

Terry

No comments: