Sunday, February 1, 2015

Medallion for Mackie and Jesse



Back Home!

After spending almost 3 weeks in California and Arizona, it's back to the deep freeze and lots of snow. 
Oh well, more time for quilting and playing with artsy stuff!

Quilt Documentation #183

Medallion for Mackie and Jesse

Quilts for Christmas

My personal quilting challenge for 2014 was to make a quilt for each one of my six grandchildren.

“Medallion” was made for my grandson Mackie and Jesse, who recently moved into their new home. I found out that the decorating was heading towards a neutral palette with touches of copper.

I made this Medallion top a few years ago when teaching classes from my own original design.

The colour scheme was just right, so I took it to Marnie, for long arm quilting.  The back is extra wide flannel, the binding is a solid black cotton.


Here's a few close-up shots:

 Medallion - centre

Medallion - corners 

Medallion - outer borders

All I needed to do was square it up, add the binding and a label.

Medallion - back label and binding

This quilt measure 76” x 92”

Jesse and Mackie with Medallion - Christmas 2015

I have made a total of four of these medallion. You can see the others:
here (Country Stars), 
here (Elephant Walk)
and here (Jewel Tone Medallion).

Linking to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday.

Happy Quilting,

Terry



No comments: