Sunday, March 22, 2015

Take a Stitch Tuesday


Stitches 97 to 103

TAST Stitches 97 to 103


Four more samples for TAST this week with Sharon b. at Pin Tangle. 

Sharon has been presenting a new stitch challenge every week at Take a Stitch Tuesday.
She is presently taking a breather but has promised to returned if there is enough interest.

There are presently 140 stitches to choose from.

After practicing the stitch around a 4” frame, I try to come with a design using that stitch.
Am really loving the adding of beads to traditional stitches.
I always stitch the traditional stitch as the border and the version(s) of, in the centre.

Stitches 97 & 98 – Shell Chain and Beaded Shell Chain Stitches

I really like the beaded version of this stitch. I did this sample in a fine variegated wool.

Shell Chain and Beaded Shell Chain Stitches

Stitch 99 & 100 – Eastern and Beaded Eastern Stitch

I much prefer this stitch used singly and beaded rather than in a straight line as in my border. It might look better if it was beaded as well.

Eastern and Beaded Eastern Stitch

Stitch 101 & 102 – Triangular and Beaded Triangular Buttonhole

This is so easy and fast and I think there are many ways it could be used to make different patterns.

Triangular and Beaded Triangular Buttonhole

Stitch 103 – Beaded Butterfly chain stitch.

I think the Butterfly Chain Stitch is beautiful but can't say that I care for beaded version much. (Maybe it's just those bright yellow beads :-)

 Beaded Butterfly chain stitch.

I feel like I'm on the home stretch now that I have learned over 100 stitches.

Happy Stitching,

Terry

No comments: